Sorry, No Market Today


Hello, hello!! For those of you who read Friday’s post, you’re probably expecting some inside scoop on a typical Market Day here. In that post, I listed some of my favorite things about living here in the UK; market day being one of them. I know I promised to bring you along with me as I visited the market, but apparently a very, tiny, minor detail slipped my mind.


Sooooo…I had surgery on my foot this past weekend! I knew I’d be having surgery, as this has been planned for over a month, but I did not take into consideration that I’d be on heavy drugs. Also, knowing that I’d have the assistance of crutches, I thought I’d be able to hobble miles upon miles through various tents, snapping pics and trying fruit with ease. Yeah…no. You can all look at me like I’m insane now, because…I am. I have no idea what I was thinking, but it definitely wasn’t straight. I’m actually surprised that I’m able to get out coherent sentences now! I’m still pretty doped up on Oxycodone, but as soon as I can get to the market, you’ll be the first to know! For now, check out a quick, snippet of my surgery day.



When I first got to the hospital, I was little nervous. I think most people are, but I’m a little weird with it. I kept running the risks of surgery in my head over and over. For some reason all I could see was, “POSSIBLE DEATH” flashing in these neon orange letters with an all black backdrop behind it. What the heck is wrong with me? The only thing I could think of was to call somebody so that I could get my mind off of the possibility of dying. First person I called, my mom…duh! Even though she’s six hours behind me and it was 3 am in her time zone, she picked up (she always does)! We chatted, laughed and she calmed me down before one of my nurses came over to check my vitals. Everything checked out and I was feeling less nervous. Thanks, mom!


My awesome nurses put me at ease even more. They had me laughing before I even had my IV in. The surgeon finally came in to mark my foot, explain the procedure and go over the risks again…UGH!! Thanks a lot, Dr. H! Luckily, I don’t remember anything after giving him a high-five in agreement that I was ready! My memory kicks back in, to my husband serving me water and me asking for a Kleenex. The next thing I know, I’m home, in bed and waking up for the second time that afternoon.


I have to wear this hideous bandage and boot (not pictured) for the next four weeks. I’ll start physical therapy around that time also, to make sure all my toes still work and I can walk normally, unassisted. And that, my friends, would be the reason I didn’t take you to the market. Please don’t worry; I’ll be up and at ’em in no time. See you soon! xoxo -Charell A.

6 thoughts on “Sorry, No Market Today

  1. Yolanda says:

    Jeric is 😁 at your foot! You will be back to normal in no time, after all you have Robin to see to that… 😊😄

  2. Tara Carr says:

    Awww… you were definitely thinking on the extreme side of the risks. Lol! I’m happy you’re out of surgery and hopefully you are resting! Loving your blogs!!

    • says:

      Hopefully it’ll be soon! I can’t wait to go so I can come back and write about it! Btw, I’m really enjoying your blog so far too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *